According ThatGrapeJuice.net, less than one week after being honored with the prestigious Peabody Award, Bey’s ‘Lemonade’ has been unveiled as the top selling album worldwide in 2016. The revelation was made in the Global Music Report, which is compiled by International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI).
Beyonce, along with acts such as Adele and Drake, are credited with helping grow the global music business in a major way. For, 2016 registered revenue growth of 5.9% over the previous year. The figure marks the biggest revenue growth since the IFPI began tracking the market in 1997. It’s also the second-straight year of growth after 15 years of decline.
Check out the Top-Selling Albums Globally of 2016, According to the IFPI (Physical & Digital Sales Only)
1. Beyoncé, Lemonade (2.5 million)
2. Adele, 25 (2.4 million)
3. Drake, Views (2.3 million)
4. Metallica, Hardwired…to Self-Destruct (2.1 million)
5. David Bowie, Blackstar (1.9 million)
6. The Rolling Stones, Blue & Lonesome (1.8 million)
7. Bruno Mars, 24k Magic (1.7 million)
8. Twenty One Pilots, Blurryface (1.5 million)
9. Coldplay, A Head Full of Dreams (1.4 million)
10. Pentatonix, A Pentatonix Christmas (1.4 million)
Follow me: @quencie on Twitter | Quencie Thomas on Facebook | @quencie on Instagram